Eyebrows have had their shining moment for the last few years. In my experience as a makeup artist and a former cosmetic retail associate, most people either love filling in their brows or the other half of people are intimidated by the idea and shy away from it. I am here to tell you there is an eyebrow product to meet everyone’s needs. If the eyes are the windows to the soul than your eyebrows are the curtains? Okay, that doesn’t make sense but basically what I’m trying to say is your eyebrows are framing your eyes and who doesn’t want to draw (good) attention to their eyes? Brow products shouldn’t be intimidating and I’m going to help you find the best product to achieve the look you want. Also, I did a Facebook Live video talking about and using these products, so check that out as well!
Brow Products for those in a hurry
If you’re like me and just simply can’t be bothered by your eyebrows and just want something quick and easy, these products are for you. Brow gels with fibers are my favorite way to slightly define my brows, fill in sparse areas and tint the color of my eyebrows. You just swipe it through your brows and are out the door, as easy as that! These are some of my favorite brow gels, in the order I prefer them
- Benefit Gimme Brow– this is the best ever brow gel to me. I can’t live without this stuff. Seriously. It has teeny tiny fibers in it to help add some more volume to your brows aaand it’s infused with marshmallow extract (whaaat?) to help plump up the hair strand and make brows look thicker. It has a short wand to get in all the areas of your eyebrow. This is what I used in my Facebook live video. In the video, I used it over a brow powder but typically I would just use it on its own. This stuff is the bomb for real and I HIGHLY recommend it.
- Glossier Boy Brow– This is a social media fave. As is everything from Glossier, but for a reason. It is suuuper similar to the Benefit Gimme Brow but cheaper It has brow fiber in it as well but only comes in three shades, unfortunately. If I had to pick between the two I would go with Benefit but I enjoy the Boy Brow and its ease of use for a more affordable option.
Brow Products for those who need a little more help
Some of us enjoy a really natural looking brow but are dealing with thin or patchy eyebrows and need a little extra help. If your eyebrows are sparse the idea of creating a more full brow with a product can be a little daunting. No one wants lopsided brows or to use way too much product and look like you got ahold of a sharpie (we’ve all been there). To create full and defined brows that still look natural I like to use either a powder product or a pencil. There is only one brand I use for those products and that is Anastasia Beverly Hills. The brow queen! The product and brow defining pencil from them are comparable by none. I have rarely even stepped outside of them to try another brands version of these products. Look no further than these two products:
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo– I use this product on the majority of my clients, especially in the bridal world. It gives such a soft and natural look and it’s a forgiving product for those still learning how to navigate the brow game. It’s also a great everyday option for this who want a little more than just a gel but not quite as a defined as a brow pencil. This powder comes with a darker and a lighter side which is so amazing when creating a natural brow. As I explain in the video, you want the front portion of your brows to be lighter than the tail end. So by having 2 shades, you can easily create that contrast while still filling in where needed. I apply it with the Anastasia Beverly Hills #7b brush. It has an angled tip with a spoolie on the opposite end.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz– Y’all I love this brow pencil so so much. I honestly have never used anything else because nothing compares. It has a small, defined tip that is perfect for creating tiny hair-like strokes and getting in all the angles of your brows. The waxy texture of it is perfect for longevity, especially if you need to really fill in or draw on portions of your eyebrow. This pencil makes it so easy to define your brows no matter what style you’re going for. It can be as natural or as dramatic as you want- this pencil can do it all! I love that it’s just one product and you don’t need a brush to apply it, that makes it super convenient to use anytime, anywhere. This comes in a full range of shades as well from blonde to ebony, there is a shade for everyone.
Brow Products for those wanting a more dramatic look
It is my personal style to stick to natural brows, for myself and my clients. However, I know some of you love a super defined, dramatic brow. It’s a personal choice! I can only truthfully speak of one product and that’s the one I reach for when a client requests this type of brow. Shocker, it’s an Anastasia product. I told you guys she is the brow queen! Anyway, the pomade from the line is amazing for sculpting out a strong brow and I’ll tell you why.
- Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade– If you want to bring the drama with your eyebrows you’ll like this product. It’s a waterproof pomade so it’s perfect for when you’re going heavier on your brows because it won’t smudge off. Now, I will say, this product can easily turn way too heavy if you’re not careful. You definitely need to use a light hand and a cautious eye when applying this. This product isn’t for beginners in my opinion. I apply this product with the Anastasia #14 brush.
Another product that must be mentioned is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel. This stuff is fricken glue. I mean that in a good way. You use it to set in place whatever product you used in your brows (unless you used a tinted brow gel because that already set them into place). It will prevent your product from smudging or wearing off and it keeps all your brow hairs in place. If you’re like me you have unruly brow hairs that like to stick up in all directions unless I set them down with this gel. Nothing compares it’s the hands-down best clear brow gel.
If you want to see how exactly to use these products watch my Facebook live video. I don’t use the pomade but you would follow the same technique as I did with the powder and pencil. As I state in the video, this is just how I personally do my eyebrows. I like natural and quick so that’s what I’m showing. In the future, can definitely show you how to get that more sculpted eyebrow. Please comment, like and share the video because it really helps me out. Make sure you have liked my Facebook page as well so you can stay updated on when I’m going live. My next video I am going to show you how to apply fake eyelashes! Well, I hope y’all learned something new about the world of eyebrow products and if you did please let me know! That’s all for now, I’ll see you next time!
Natural brows 3 waysAll products linked in blog post below ?????https://elizabethwolfmua.com/2018/11/08/brows-brows-brows/
Posted by Elizabeth Wolf Professional Makeup Artist LLC on Thursday, November 1, 2018